GOALKEEPER PROGRAM OVERVIEW
Overview of FC Alliance Goalkeeper Training:
1. Weather permitting, at least four goalie sessions are offered each week during the season -- at NO EXTRA CHARGE for club keepers. Non-club keepers may be permitted to attend sessions for a fee -- with permission from a club coach or director. Please contact Hemant Sharma, firstname.lastname@example.org, for details.
2. Over the past 9 years, more than 30 FC Alliance goalkeepers have gone on to play in college at all levels, with more than 10 playing at Division 1 schools.
3. The FC Alliance staff now includes seven former collegiate goalkeepers and we often offer guest sessions led by college coaches and current / former professional keepers. U.S. National Team Goalkeeper and MLS Goalkeeper of the Year Luis Robles joined us for training last year!
4. Topics covered at our sessions will include every aspect of being a successful goalkeeper, including: ready position, catching, breakaways, crosses, footwork, punting, goal kicks, throwing, communication and more. Keeper coaches are now incorporating video analysis into sessions, as well.
5. Goalkeeper coaches will also observe keepers in their team practices and provide feedback, particularly in regard to positioning and distribution.
6. This page is updated daily with information about weather and time changes -- as well as tips arising from training sessions and highlights from professional games. Check back regularly!!
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT:
The FC Alliance Goalkeeper Coaching Staff for 2016-2017 will include a wide array of former college players and current and former college coaches. This large staff allows us to have multiple coaches at each session and to provide a low coach-to-player ratio. We also have guest coaches visit from time-to-time, including MLS goalkeeper Luis Robles, who visited us last winter! We congratulate former FC Alliance goalkeeper coach Ben Munger on being named an assistant coach at Akron University; we will miss Ben! Our current staff will include the following people; note that some individuals may only work on a seasonal basis:
Hemant Sharma, Staff Coach; Former Lady Vols assistant coach; current Tennessee ODP Goalkeeper Coach; former Cornell University goalkeeper; former pro indoor goalkeeper
Carrie Ollom, Director of College Prospect Age Goalkeepers: Former Samford University goalkeeper
Marty Baker, Director of Younger Goalkeeping (u12 and under): Current Knoxville Force (NPSL) goalkeeper
Rebecca Wyatt: Former University of Tennessee goalkeeper
Maddie Fancher: Former University of Tennessee goalkeeper
Alex Renner: Former UAB goalkeeper
Taylor Campbell: Former UT-Chattanooga goalkeeper
Katelyn Cooley: Former FC Alliance goalkeeper; Xavier University goalkeeper